Desktop application development dominated the software world but now cloud computing is growing in popularity and web-based apps fall right into line with that. As a desktop developer, choosing the best framework to use is never a walk in the park. There are many great UI frameworks for Windows, each with its own advantages and limitations.
Desktop Application Development Frameworks
WPF: The runtime libraries of the WPF are usually embedded in the Windows operating system. This is a graphic subsystem that helps users create interfaces when they are involved in Windows app development. UWP is another important framework for desktop application development. UWP will allow you as a developer to create an application and have that application spread across the many different Microsoft platforms. Cocoa is a native framework for native MacOs development. It has the ability to allow developers to work on application development for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS as well through the Cocoa Touch framework. Swing is a Java-based framework that you can use to develop a desktop application. With Swing, you can make excellent desktop applications that comply with the desktop app frameworks used by Windows. Windows Forms, also known as WinForms, is a class library that has been part of the .NET desktop framework since the very beginning.
What Are the Use Cases for The Desktop Frameworks?
Standalone business application
Utilities and Plug-Ins
System Apps and Services
The modern way to develop software In general usage cloud-native is an approach to building and running applications that exploits the advantages of the cloud computing delivery model. Microsoft provides a development community with an extensive toolkit for the creation of the powerful backend and shiny frontend for the Windows app development. For cloud-native applications, the big difference then is really how the application is built, delivered. Apple encourages developers to create beautiful versions of the software product that utilize all advantages of the precise architecture of Apple computers. Cloud-native application development requires a very different architecture than the traditional enterprise applications.
Using the cross-platform desktop framework is the best choice to develop a desktop app that later can be easily transitioned to another desktop platform, mobile devices, and web-application. Cloud-native app development typically includes devops, agile methodology, microservices, cloud platforms, containers like Kubernetes and Docker, and continuous delivery. Cloud-native applications are a collection of independent and autonomous services that are packaged as lightweight containers. Each service of a cloud-native application is developed using the language and framework best suited for the functionality. Cloud-native services use lightweight APIs that are based on protocols such as representational state transfer (REST) to expose their functionality.
Principles for cloud-native architecture
Cloud-native applications anticipate failure; they run and scale reliably even when their infrastructure experiences outages. To offer such capabilities, cloud-native platforms like Kubernetes impose a set of contracts on applications. Cloud native is a term used to describe container-based environments. Cloud-native technologies are used to develop applications built with services packaged in containers.
Design for automation
Be smart with state
Favor managed services
Practice defense in depth
Always be architecting
While cloud-based and cloud-native development share many characteristics, cloud-native development differs from browser-based development in important ways. Cloud-native applications are fundamentally container-native applications and require developers to achieve familiarity with containers and associated orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes. Compared to traditional monolithic apps, cloud native applications can be easier to manage as iterative improvements occur using Agile and DevOps processes. Cloud native applications rely on microservices architecture. This distinctive architectural approach to software development focuses on the creation of discrete, single-function services.
Here is list of different types of application software:
- GIS and Map Tools (Google Maps Downloader Tool)
- Educational applications (Mathematics Mobile App)
- Networking applications (Launch Google Settings, DIDI conductor, Instasave, Net cut Pro)
- Sport applications (Nowgoal App, SportStream App, NetSpor)
- Media applications (Youtube to MP3, MP4 Converter, Audio status maker. MP3XD, FL Studio Mobile)
- Movies & TV applications ( Megadede apk, Burma TV, Downloader By aftvnews, Watch Cartoon apk, Dream TV, ShowBox apk)
- Video Utilies and Applications (Vid2MP3 apk, Clip Converter, Video2MP3, Yoump3, Youtube converter)
- MP3 downloader Apps(MP3 Juice, Descargar Musica Gratis, Youtube to MP3 Converter, MP2MP3 Converter)
- News Apps (Tuko News, Apannpyay Apk)
- Games (Virtual mechanic, Dream League Soccer Game)
- OS Emulators and Tools (BlueStacks 4)
- Software Analysis (MVSP Software)
- System Tools (drive manager easy kit, MT syslog App, Jmodeltest)
- Email Applications (Extractor lite 1.4)
- Images Editing Tools (Mr. Photo!, Livery angkot BUSSID, Livery po hariyanto)
- Web and Internet Browsers (UC Mini Browser)
- Utilities (Winrtgen, Populus Software, Deathcounter, Youtube for Android TV, NAMSO GEN, SD Maid pro, IQOS Device)
- Mobile Applications (Tu pago movil App, Intex fitrist App, Simentok, Inoty ios, Lulubox ML)
- Publishing Apps (LBE Helpdesk)
- Games Apps (XOutput, Game Keyboard Splitter, PS2 Emulator)